Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Week 9 Letter from Sorella Hills

Ciao tutti! 

Ok, first off, happy belated birthday to Jack!  I can not believe that there are more adults in the Hills clan than kids now!  What happened?!? It sounds like a good birthday, anyone would be happy to see a gun show, but DQ!?! Is it open again?!? What the heck, this should have been prime news! 

I don't know that Ellie will be taller... But she was growing a lot before I left, so who knows! 

And Charlie! He is making so many so many friends! Do you send him out with his collar, or does that frustrate him because he can't go all the way down and see the pigs? And are you ramping up your running with him? Future 1/2 marathon dog! 

Dad! I do like my companion a lot. I just thought that I had already answered that... Any way, she is awesome, I love her!  The apartment is, an apartment. I like it, it feels like home! It's funny, the plumbing is... So some times we walk in and it smells so bad, because fore some reason the smell traveled up from the sewer, and it's scifo! But it's great! 

So has Jack started his papers yet or not... I can't remember! Keep me posted on that!  


Ok.  This week.  Almost all of it was out of town.  Monday and Tuesday were in Catania for Zone conference and interviews.  That night, we tried to catch a bus to Syracusa to make it back in time to teach English course with the Syracusa missionaries.  But alas, we, the Sorelle missed it. So, we took one about 30 mins later.  Got there in time to join in on this FHE for misfits in the ward there.  It's was pretty fun!  Slept over, and then did a scambio with the Syracusa Sorelle.  A lot of English course publicity. Then, sandwiches... I'm going to try and send the video.  Oh my gosh. Bar nothing, best sandwiches, ever. The guy made cheese for like 60 years before this, and all the cheese was made by him.  And all the ingredients were fresh, like people were bringing in stuff as we waited for the sandwiches.  We got 3 different types, and spilt each in 4, so we all got to try each different one.  Oh. The best.  Ever.  We ate them by the beach. It was just a cool day! 

Then, we tried to catch the 5:30 bus back to Ragusa. But alas, non c'è. We missed it by like a minute after running like crazy people because we went to the wrong station.  And that of course was the last one. So, another night in Syracusa! 

Then, we caught the 8:00 bus the next morning. Hoping to get to Ragusa in time to go see some people.  A bus ride that should have been 1 1/2 hours took 3 1/2.  I don't know why.  It was ridiculous.  So, that was a bust of a day.  

Back to work on Friday the though!  The last couple of days were pretty normal.  

This week, we have another scambio with the Messina Sorelle, and I will spend the day with an actual Italian, no English... That will be an adventure! 

That's about all... You can email me though out the week, I can read them when ever.  I'll only respond on Monday though.  

Vi voglio tanto bene! 

Sorella Hills







No comments:

Post a Comment