Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 18 Letter from Sorella Hills

Ciao tutti! 

Does Jack have a job yet? That stinks about his bike, do they have cameras in the school that they could check? Like if Jack files a claim or something, I'm sure that they will be pretty serious about it. 

It has been SO windy here.  It is very humid, and very windy.  It is not as warm as it was last week, so the wind and the wet air make it pretty cold.  Not unbearable, but all the Italians feel like winter has returned! 

This week was sort of crazy! I had a promesso appointment on Monday. That was crazy. Imagination is different here.  The visa that I got is good for like 2 weeks or something. Then, I have to apply for what is called a promesso di sorgono, which allows me to stay longer.  The duration of the promesso is weird though, because it really depends on the person and the day! So, fingers crossed that is lasts for my whole mission! Otherwise, I have to come back to Ragusa at some point to get it renewed. DDM, or direct meeting. It was transfer call week, so we did transfer predictions, which took forever, then a bus to Syracusa on Tuesday for a scambio Wednesday. Bus home on Thursday morning, which took 3.5 hours. So, we didn't have a lot of time to do a lot of things! But, it was a good week.

Friday, we had an appointment with a new investigator named Sara. She is so funny! She is like a vegan, and sort a Buddhist because of her thought on meat. It will be interesting... The first lesson we had we talked about a lot of deep doctrine in the Plan of Salvation to try and establish a view of God. It will be interesting. 

My companion will be getting transferred on Thursday. She is getting blown into Crotone with a new missionary.  In other words, she doesn't know the city, and neither does her companion, because both of the sisters that where just serving in Crotone were transferred out at the same time! It is going to be crazy! Me invece, will be training the city.  This just means that I will be in charge of showing my new companion around, and setting up appointments with people until she gets the hang of things.  I'm excited! She will be an STL, or sister training leader, so we will get to do a lot of scambi! 

That's what I got. Vi voglio bene! 

Sorella Hills









No comments:

Post a Comment