Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 23 Letter from Sorella Hills

Great news everyone!!! I am going to Ostia! It is part of Rome, so I'm about to have a lot of awesome P.days and hear all the juicy gossip. But, here is the crazy bit.  My companion in the same age as me in the mission, we are both 4th transfer.  So...better brush up on my Italian! My new companion was in the MTC with me, obvi, but it's just crazy to me.  

I can not believe that Alli is engaged!!! Send me some engagement pictures! I just got ones of the yard, which I love, and of Jack's beautiful face :) 

So... Jack. Dude, you are totally coming to the Milan mission! Start learning Italian! I have never heard of Josh's toys and games, how did you hear about it? What is the pay like? 

Dad, I'm sorry you had to ride your bike in such gross weather! It was 35 C on Saturday, and we spent most of it outside in Comiso. It was so hot, just sitting, I can't imagine riding a bike!!! Is the route all mapped out then? 

Ellie! I am so glad Ashley came to church! Did you invite her, or did she come without being invited? Either way Ellie, I'm glad you are being such a good friend to her.  She needs it. 

Issy, I haven't gotten any sunburns yet. But, I do have some wicked good tan lines! See my gross leg picture for more information. And sorry about SVE. Is BYU still not on your list?

This week. We spent over 16 hours on a bus! From Catania and back for Zone Conference. It was a fun conference, minus the leg incident. It was bad.  I fought a folding bed and lost.  And then I sang with Anziano Bates (he is the Anziano furthest to the left in the Siracusa picture), while Anziano Perfilli played the ukulele and Sorella Harmen (furthest to the left in the Siracusa picture) played the piano.  It was a tribute to Sicilia. We sang If I Could Hie to Kolob, because for some reason, the people are like obsessed with that song. Like crying.  And we thought the ukulele would add just that hint of this is ridiculous. It sounded really good, and those who served in Sicilia for a while got the joke, but to the rest, it was just a nice musical number for zone conference.  It was perfect! 

Then, Comiso. That same day, to Catania again because of Stake conference. The Ragusa ward rented a bus, but they didn't have enough room for us, so we had to go to Catania and ride with the Catania ward.  But the Catania sisters were in Siracusa, so we stayed in their house alone.  Then, Palermo. Back to Catania. Back to Ragusa. It was SO much. What a week!

Our investigators are really progressing.  I'm sad I'm not going to be here to see how it all turns out, but I know that the Lord will make the things happen that need to happen.  I know that this it he was he wants it to be, so I'm excited for this next adventure. My Roman holiday! Here I come! 

Vi voglio un sacco di bene! 

Sorella Hills


No comments:

Post a Comment