Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Week 30 Letter from Sorella Hills

Caio tutti!
Wow, trek and the Twilight Zone! Sounds like a blast! BTW, I am 7 months into the mission... Only 11 to go!!! So, in 11 months time, I will be binge watching a great tv show to, so take that! 

I'm glad he trek all worked out, and that no one got hurt. A couple of weeks ago, I almost passed out a couple of times on the metro. It felt like I had a fever, I felt so clammy and sweaty.  I hadn't drunk enough water, and it was just soooo hot.  So, heat exhaustion it real, drink Gatorade! Btw, 90 is like a normal day here... A good day here... 

This week was nice and cool though.  I could get away with a sweater if I wanted! I love it! Even Rome, the worst city in the summer, was breezy and cool for transfer day! 

So, I made it to Cagliari in one piece, meno male! It's been really beautiful here.  I haven't seen much of it, but from what I have seen, it is like a totally different Italy! No trash, no dog poop, free wifi spots everywhere, the people are SO nice! Like, so nice.  The ward is HUGE, and totally self sufficient.  There are 8 missionaries in the Cagliari ward... 4 sisters and 4 elders.  It's huge.  I am living in a 4 sister house, which is a lot of fun.  It's weird, because there are things that you do as a companionship, and things you do as a group, and it's like strange trying to figure out how each of the relationships work.  But I like it well enough! 

As crazy as it sounds though, I'd go back to Ostia any day.  I miss the missionaries there.  It was such a fun district.  The missionaries here are... Well... More like the missionaries you see on "The District" movies.  It's a bit strange. Like, they all think they are something special because they got called to Sardegna.  But... You can still have fun, right? 

This week was just crazy, lots of running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to prepare the house and the area for the blow out, and then getting to the island, and the unpacking, repacking, and over and again to try and keep the wait down.  I left so much stuff behind.  I have very few things that I brought with me on the mission... I had to leave so much behind to be under 23 kg.  

My companion received some awful news from home and she could use your prayers.  Keep her in your thoughts. 

Hope you all have a good week, love you all! 

Sorella Hills















No comments:

Post a Comment