Thursday, August 11, 2016

Week 33 Letter from Sorella Hills

Wow. That was a lot of a story about a pig! Haha, you guys crack me up, I can just see the whole event unfolding, it's perfect! I'm glad it all worked out. BTW, vegetarianism is a sick gig. They have a vegetarian burger at McDonald's and its wicked good! Life=good!

The high adventure sounds like so much fun! Jack is claustrophobic?! How strange! I would have NEVER thought that it would even be a possibility. So... How's the plane rides to Provo and Denver going to go? 

As for the Olympics, all I know is that it is in Brazil.  Here, the big things was the World Cup, which Italy lost to Germany. I wish you could have heard that game! Actually, all the games.  The whole city of Ostia and Rome exploded! You could hear every event, the whole city was watching. It was the best! 

And it is not too hot here. Like, yes it's hot, but I am getting used to it.  And it is not as hot as it could be, or has been, so I'm truly blessed! 

Well, I'm glad all is well! Ready for my week?

This week was chuck full of surprises. Surprise scambi on Wednesday and Friday, surprise zone conference on Friday, surprise transfer calls coming in this Saturday, meaning that this transfer is, surprise, a week shorter than everyone thought! 

We also had some interesting things happen.  One, an investigator who dropped off the planet, resurfaced and came to every church run activity, from English course to family home evening. Then, she dropped of the planet again, and we haven't been able to contact her. Fine! Be that way!  

Then, I hit my 6 months in Italy mark, on the same day as my scambio with Sorella Hatfield. So... We had a great day! Alla fine, we were trying to make it back to the house, and we passed this gelato place.  We looked at it, looked at each other, and immediately got off the bus :) So, surprise gelato! Them, we were making our way back to a bus stop, and we pass this pizza place. We look at it, looked at each other, and went in and ordered pizza.  Except the pizza takes 40 minutes to make! And they didn't except card! Bah! But, it was good pizza.  We then dyed our hair... Mine turned out gray. BTW, it washes out! So, I am no longer a granny. But it was still a little gray for zone conference...

Then, during a scambio with Sorella A., we go to a bus stop, and we can not figure out the map. So, we ask a guy that is sitting there to help us out.  We start talking to him, and he turns out to be a single dad, and really really nice.  Then, this other guy walks up, and the man we were talking to says "ciao, tutto posto?" And this guy, I'll call him backpack man, freaks out! He whips off his sunglasses, and was like, hey, do we know each other, I don't thinks so! And then he starts going off about how you don't just go saying hi to people you have never met (cough cough, us every day...).  So single dad apologizes, and back pack man walks a way all in a huff to wait for the bus as far from us as possible.  Poor single day breaks down! He starts talking about how rough his life is going so far.  We don't know what to do, so we start talking about how God loves us, and we invite him to church, because we are all a big family there, and everyone loves each other.  And starts crying! We really didn't know what to do then! But he said he'll come, got on his bus, and left.  

That was a big turning point for me.  I have seen a lot of stuff so far.  A lot of stuff that I will never talk about, and a lot of stuff that I just do not have enough time to talk about.  But I have never seen first hand the difference it makes in a persons countenance when they realize that they are loved.  Even if it is just by two teenagers who can only sort of speak Italian.  The change was just so much.  I believe with all my heart that he felt a sliver of the love that God has for him.  I felt the love of God for him! It was amazing.  I'll never forget it.  

So.  If you are wondering.  I can tell you that God loves you.  Well, I could have said that before the mission too.  But I know he does. There is a talk in the last conference by Elder Donald L. Hallstrom called I am a Child of God.  I "knew" that I was a child of God.  But I didn't KNOW it until that moment.  And with that knowledge, I can bear testimony that everyone on earth is a child of God.  He loves us more then we could ever imagine.  I can not wait to share this pure true knowledge with everyone I can see!!! 

Love you all! 

Sorella Hills










No comments:

Post a Comment