Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Week 34 Letter from Sorella Hills

Hey all! 

Oh my goodness, from high adventure to girls camp, the juxtaposition is strong :) I'm glad you all had fun! 

Olympics sound like a blast! Yeah, it's not a thing out here.  But, we do have a thing called Ferragosto... I have no idea what it is actually celebrating, but it has something to do with the madonna... And everyone is on vacation now. Like the whole of Italy shuts down in August, especially today.  Today, there are NO cars, no stores open, and no buses! It's insane! So, we cleaned all day, because it is one of the deep cleaning days.  We got rid of a BUNCH of stuff! It was very satisfying :) 

Ok.  So as to get everything strait about where I am and with who I am companions with. Last transfer, I was with Sorella Hatfield in Ostia.  There, we taught Hemma.  Now, we are in Cagliari, and Sorella Hatfield is companions with Sorella Dustin, and I am companions with Sorella Tingey.  So.  That's that.  But Sorella Hatfield is doing great, and Hemma from as far as she says in her emails is doing good.  Denise had a mental breakdown... So... I am all for just letting that crazy go, but vediamo.

This week though.  Actually I have some news! 

Ok, now that's out of the way, the really week! We have been trying a lot of stuff because a) we do not have any lessons, b) it is August, and c) we need to switch things up. So.  A couple of weeks ago, we had done some park finding.  Which includes handing out English course cards. Which we did.  And we had a lady who was so excited to hear about it! She even gave us her number so we could contact her.  So, we invited her to come to the church and see it, and learn a bit about the course.  Well, she came! And she loved the church! She says she wants to come! So we taught her a little about what we believe, and she says that she wants to learn more! Speriamo bene! 

We have also tried some less active finding.  We found one! She let us in, which never happens. As she was wicked nice! But, then, we start talking about how we found her, and I was like your name is on a list of members, and we've heard that you are a great person, so we decided to try and visit you. And she's like, I'm not a sister anymore, I'm a Jehovahs Witness! So... We talked about our church, and she about hers.  We showed Because of Him, and she showed us a Jw video.  We parted friends, which was rather amazing.  But, I don't think we will go back anytime soon! 

We had a meal appointment on Sunday with one of our African members. She said that she was going to cook for us... This is a red flag for anyone who has eaten African food! I haven't, I only heard about it... Usually it involves leftover chicken parts and a type of yeast ball.  So. I was not excited.  But. I'm open minded sometimes :) We go, and she is dishing some plain rice onto a plate.  So far so good.  Then.  She opens up this Tupperware, and spoons some sauce onto the rice.  Still, so far so good.  Then.  An entire fish.  I'm talking skin and bones and tail! I was a bit skeptical.  But. I'll admit, it was really one of the best rice dishes that I have ever had! I was really really good! I would totally eat it again, that fish was so yummy! So, that was an adventure :)

That was the week more or less. 

Vi voglio bene! 

Sorella Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment