Thursday, September 1, 2016

Week 35 Letter from Sorella Hills

You guys! That's so awesome you got to go to Texas! Did Jack make it to the airport to get you guys safely? I HATE Boston, there is NO way I'm EVER going to drive there my self! Massachusetts drivers are like Italians, except Irish, and more angry. I will never drive here, either! 

After all those pictures, not one of Ali and Noah?!?

And the names of the missionaries? I met one from Texas, but Texas is a huge state, and I can not imagine there are only two missionaries here from Texas, and I have only ever met one. What are the odds though that there are two here from the same ward! 

Well, I have been on 2 airplanes this week!!! After 5 weeks in Cagliari, I have been transferred back to the main land. So, here is how that all went down. First, usually we get our transfer calls on Saturday.  New president new rules I guess. So we got the call Monday night.  I'm going to CROTONE! So exciting, never thought I would be staying in another city for only one transfer, especially not Cagliari.  I didn't feel done yet. Ah. Whatever. 

Back to the story.  Because transfers came on Monday, I only had Tuesday to prepare to fly.  Because on Tuesday night, I got the flight plans, which said that my flight left the next day at 7 am.  So. Back home, packing, running around like a mad woman.  Still trying to see people.  Leaving stuff, cleaning.  It was a mess.  Somehow, I did it.  I packed up my whole life, and it fit in 2 suit cases both just under 23 kg.  

Off to the airport, made it through security in under 5 minutes, and sat in the terminal for 2 hours... Ah well.  Get to the Rome airport. Wait an hour. No one is there to pick me up.  Had to ask a random guy to use his phone.  Another hour, my ride gets in! After that, all is good.  

I get to the sisters' apartment, hang out and do some missionary work in Rome.  Get my travel plans for the next day, thinking I am getting on the train down to Sicilia, because that is how they usually send missionaries south.  But no. I am taking another plane.  Another one! They print out my boarding pass and all is good.

The next day, I get up, people are heading out, and all that fun stuff.  I sit and eat breakfast, and look at my ticket. It says that I am only allowed 20 kg per bag. That is about a 5 lbs difference.  Per bag.  Off I go again, trying to get rid of 10 lbs of stuff! I left a lot of stuff, but they'll send it down for zone conference. Meno male :) 

I get to Crotone, an hour late because the plane was literally full.  I had to check my carry on.  All was good though.  My new companion is the best.  She loves to work and we work really hard.  We have so many potentials here! The work is still flourishing, even in August! I am so excited to be here! My companion just had a really hard companion, a new missionary, who she couldn't work with.  It was rough.  But, I'm here to help, and things are going great! We clicked really well already! 

Crotone is a branch.  The branch president is a missionary!  There are very few active members.  It's a bit rough, but there is a lot of hope here.  I love it already! 

We've seen some cool miracles here! One is a little 10 year old girl.  She is 10, and so sassy. But she has accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 10th of September.  She comes to church and to activity days and reads the BOM picture book and real book.  So cute, pray for her! 

We are also teaching the daughter in law to a less active, married to her less active son.  She LOVES the Book of Mormon, and reads it all the time.  She says she likes it because it is clearer than the Gospels.  She is so smart, and has studied with many different religions.  She said that she will read, pray and if she receives a response, she'll be baptized! 

Those are just a few of the many miracles I saw these last few days. Crotone is the best! 

Love you all! 
Sorella Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment