Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 39 Letter from Sorella Hills

Hey everyone! 

Ahhh!! I can't believe that Jack is gone! I'm going to write him next :) 

Tell mom to not puncture her toe with a safety pin! Yes, one can do bathroom surgery, but should they? That stinks about the trees... I'd love to help out, I miss the DQ trips! DID I EVER TELL DAD HAPPY BIRTHDAY?!? I can't remember... I think I did :) But I'm glad he got to use his present to do some good.  Is it really that much faster than the log splitter? Why do we even use the log splitter then? 

I want you to know how amazing it is and how much of a change comes when members and the missionaries can work together. We spend a lot of time working with members here.  One, because a lot of them are newly baptized and two, because we want to build a relationship with them.  When you have a relationship, it is so much easier to trust each other.

I'm glad you had a great dance! And it's nice that Jenna went to it.  

My Italian is really coming along.  I can communicate without too much difficulty.  Understanding, NO problem, I can understand everything.  I just let the words flow in, the ones I do not understand get sort of filtered out and I can learn their meaning from context.  There are less and less words getting filtered out at his point, so it's nice.  As for talking, I can say anything I want.  I can at least work around a word I don't know so that they'll give me the word I'm looking for :). I have a lot of work to do, but it's getting there.  Food wise, it's always good! I can make a good lasagna, melanzane, a good sugo, carbonara, and some other more simple pasta dishes.  I am not a great Italian cook, but I can make some things now :) 

Ok, for the week! 

So, surprise! We went to ROMA! We had a conference with President Kearon, and they brought everyone (except for Sicilia) up to ROMA! It was so cool, we got to fly! SO much fun, I got to see SO many people, and the conference was SO good! I got to stay the night in Ostia one night, and in Roma the other night- so much fun!  Then, we thought that we would make it down to Crotone in a timely manner.  We did not count on rain or Italian technical difficulties.  So, we missed our connecting train, and had to go to Cosenza instead, and leave at 5:00 the next morning! 3 solid days outside of our area :D SO FUN!!! 

The rest of the week was full of cancellations and no appointments-ugh.  So...the fun was the Kearon conference! It is amazing how many people you meet on the mission.  How many friendships you can make with people, Italians and English! I love it so much, I love being able to talk to people, in English and Italian, and make friends! They are just all so awesome! 

Love you all :) 

Sorella Hills

My companion made me a camel pancake for my half way mark 'hump day'.  haha!





No comments:

Post a Comment