Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Week 43 Letter from Sorella Hills

Hey all!

Ok, for Jacks open when thing...

"Open when you feel like you want to go home
Here is what you do.  This is your emergency preparedness packet.  How to survive the seemingly unsurvivable transfer! 
1. Take a deep breath, a shower/bath, sit alone in the bathroom for a few minutes of silence/alone time
2. Define the problem.  All of the aspects, what is making you feel this way? Then, game plan. What can you change about the situation? Change it.  What can you not change? Change your attitude. Find the solutions to the problems, and work on putting them into action.
3. Need motivation? Think, why did I come out here? What did I want to do? Did I not pray to God and receive a witness that this is what He wants me to do? The Lord wants you here!  He'll support you!
4. Study the Atonement, and what it means to you.  Christ suffered all, He knows what you are going through, turn it over to Him! 
5. Adjusting to Missionary Life = Life vest 
6. If all of this doesn't work, call president.  He knows all :)
Remember kid, we are all praying for you.  Basically the entire Mormon world is praying for you. We love you, and know you can do it.  Take it one step at a time, hour by hour, day by day.  Soon, you'll be beyond the trial, and you'll be like, wait, when did that happen? You can do hard things!" 

This transfer has been, special.  I have learned what it means to truly rely on the Lord.  Honestly, I couldn't do it without Him.  I have had all of my weaknesses exposed, and it is painful.  I have truly been in the depths of dispare.  But, little by little, we move on.  We move forward.  I know that I couldn't do this without the Lord.  I have felt His spirit, the confirming witness that this is where I need to be.  So, I move on, and up. It's always a miracle :) 

Love you all! This week we'll go to Roma! I'll tell you about it when I get back :) 

Sorella Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment