Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 4 Letter from Sorella Hills

This week was intense.  I am gad I got my laundry bag, because a lot of sweating was done, so a lot of laundry was necessary.  TMI, but truth.  

So much has been going on this week! On Tuesday, we had a devotional by Elder Anderson.  It was amazing, we sung Joseph Smiths first prayer, which was such an amazing rendition.  He talked about how we should always testify of Christ in all that we do.  Have His name on our lips, and His words in our minds.  It was sooo good.  

I had the chance to host yesterday the new missionaries.  I am glad that you did not come out with me.  Some families.... Just wow.  They all seemed to feel as if the missionary was walking off to their death of something.  It was strange.  So, I am glad that I have family and friends who see this as an opportunity instead of a death sentence :).  There was a lot of sisters coming in, and not a lot of sister hosts.  So, we ended up having to double or triple up a few times.  Lots of luggage had to be moved from the point where I dropped them off to get their books and such, to the point that I had to pick them up with all their books and such. 

What else.  Oh, haha.  Ok, so I am trying to get rid of the 5 pounds that I gained prior to the realization that I did not have to eat the prepared almost food for every meal.  So, I am doing planks, sit ups, push ups, and squats.  This started on Tuesday.  I must have done something wrong, because the next day, I COULD NOT move my legs.  So hosting with a smile was a trial... Even today, when I had to kneel down to pray was impossible.  It reminds me of the tine that I skied the whole day, and I could not support my weight!  I don't know if you remember that, but I vividly remember trying to come down the stairs, and having to scoot down on my bum.  Not an option here!  So, I'm putting squats on hold for now, and lesson learned.  Do not do more than you are able.

I have news for Dad! No visa.  I think that I have it, but the MTC is holding it for me.  I get my flight plans next week I think, so I'll know for sure then. And, I got a dear elder from Brother Collette... Come on guys!  But he said that you made a TON of money off of pick up my tree.  That's awesome!  And that Jack may have a fire pit job in his future.  Tell him that I was grateful for the letter, but have no way of responding to it, so I am going through you all. 

Trust in the Lord, and lean not unto thy own understandings, and He will direct thy path.  I know this is true.  I am nothing without Christ.  As a missionary of Christ, without Him, this is pointless.  Because I see how much I have grown, and because truth grows, I know that this must be His work.  

Vi voglio bene!

Sorella Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment